The Chronology of KL Tower Construction :
1st Phase, 4th October 1991
- Widening of Jalan Punchak and excavations of soil from construction site.
- Finished: 15th August 1992
2nd Phase, 6th July 1992
- Construction of the foundation and basement of tower
- 50,000 cubic metres of concrete were endless poured for 31 hours hence setting a record in the Malaysian construction industry.
- Finished: 15th April 1993 (without pilling)
3rd Phase/ 'superstructure', began in May 1994
- The dreary construction of the tower starts with erection of the tower shaft, then the tower head.
- As the ultimate touches to the tower head were being done, the construction of the tourist building began.
- Introduce Islamic motif to reflect Malaysia's Islamic Heritage, and blended eastern design with western architectural technology
- Main Lobby : decorated with lovely glass-clad domes that glint like huge diamond.
- These domes were designed and arranged in the form of the 'Muqarnas' by Iranian craftsmen from Esfahan
Final Touch, 13th September 1994
- Topping up Ceremony where the Antenna Mast was installed by YAB Dato' Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad
- Marking the final height of tower, 421 above ground level.
- Installation of the facilities and amenities executed to ensure comfort and safety.
Completion of The Tower
- Opened to public on 23rd July 1996.
- Officially launched by the Malaysian 4th Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad of Malaysia on 1st October 1996.
|Copyright © 2016 KL Tower. All Right Reserved|
|KL Tower No. 2 Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P.Ramlee 50250 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia|
|Last Updated :